Social media and the internet are full of resolutions at this time of year, so I thought why not join in.
I’m working on lots of projects at the moment, personal ones and ones for my professional future, both of which interlink with one another.
So here they are, my goals for the coming 12 months and a day (it’s a leap year) of 2016:
- Learn to manage my pain and fatigue. It’s not going anywhere, but I know I can do more to learn to live with it.
- Read more books. I LOVE reading and can’t remember a time when I didn’t, but last year I only read four books. Shocking!
- Attend as many events as my health will allow, I’m already booked onto a networking event, into The Stationery Show and Summer In The City.
- Work on setting up my business. This is the big one but I know I can do it.
- Reduce and manage my anxiety and worrying using meditation, breathing and gentle basic yoga.
- Explore YouTube more. I’m serious latecomer and former YouTube hater, but I’m loving it so much already!
So I know that doesn’t look like much (I’ve just seen Hannah Witton on YouTube set ten resolutions, one of which is to read 50 books) but to me that’s enough. Each one of those is life changing for me in it’s own way. I could make a list five times as long but my body needs rest too, so that’s a priority, hence it being my first goal on the list.
Have you decided on any resolutions or goals this year that are really important to you? Let me know in the comments or over on Twitter.